Trying to Learn Burmese

jeudi 2 avril 2015

I work with a fair number of Burmese and have been picking the brain of the guy I work with most. I figured if I learned a couple of words or phrases every day by the end of the year I would at least have the vocabulary of a small child.



I've been trying to use some of what I have learned but without much luck. Mostly they would look at me like I was crazy.



Turns out there are over 100 languages spoken in Burma and judging by the way the groups form during their lunch break there are probably 6 - 8 different languages spoken among them.



So not only do I have to learn 6 - 8 ways to say "thank you", I have to remember who speaks what.



What a great (PRACTICAL) example of why immigrants need to learn English.



Regards,

Happyguy :)

Trying to Learn Burmese

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels