Another boringly regular G43 range report...

lundi 27 avril 2015

GUN and mods:
With Ghost connector, a reduced plunger spring, everything polished, and some other stuff, I got my trigger from 8.25# down to 5.5# (on a crappy WHEELER scale). I installed Trijicon HDs, and a Hogue Jr grip (though I'm going to go with grip-tape on this gun I think--instead of my usual stippling).

AMMO and reliability:
100% reliable with over 300rds: I shot 124 HST (50rds), 147 HST (26rds), 147 Hydrashoks(26rds), 115 American Eagle (200rds), and 115 Blazer Brass (40rds). There was also an assortment of loose ammo in my bag I shot up; I think most of it was 115gr freedom munitions, but some was WWB, as well as some Ranger.

REPORT:
Recoil was fine--not really any more noticeable than my G19, but then the Hogue Jr may have absorbed some of it. Noise didn't seem noteworthy. Sights were as easy to track as with the 19, so I don't think it's flipping any more.

Accuracy was great...hits were a TINY bit left, so I gave the sights a little push with a sight-pusher (that had to be rigged with parts in the truck for these small sights--glad no one saw it). At 25Y, I had to aim about 4" low in order to hit the bullseye with the 43 and the 19 (the latter has WC vickers battlesights on it). I thought the wide front sight of the 43's orange Trijicon HDs would make 25Y groups fairly large, but my biggest 5rd group was probably 4-5" resting or standing (plenty of 2.5-3.5" groups)--it shot as well as my G19 with a Wilson Combat barrel and thinner front F/O sight.

As soon as I put myself on the timer at 5-10Y all shots went left (like they have been doing--I'm jerking the trigger; gonna slow down and fix that). Shooting steel plates at 15Y was easy as soon as I remembered to aim lower, not for the center. I didn't seem to notice whether or not I was using the extended mag even though I thought I'd much prefer it. Short mag base felt fine.

LIMP-WRISTING:
I tried to get it to fail by limpwristing, holding it sideways, etc. It wouldn't fail (but then it's coated in FireClean and all polished up).
--

NOTE: The ONLY thing I noticed was when loading the mags, I could feel the springs click a bit every once in awhile--not binding, but doing something, adjusting...but it is definitely more pronounced than in G19 mags. That said, they were easy to load, and easy to shoot. A few times I thought they had gotten caught up, but then I realized I'd loaded 6 rounds. ;o)
Another boringly regular G43 range report...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels