Target sights for most accuracy?

lundi 27 avril 2015

17L.
Have BarSto fitted, 3.5 lbs connector with the "25 cent" trigger job. Also TruGlo sites - they seem to be very nice overall combat sight but they also seem to be the bottleneck in obtaining maximum accuracy.

I cannot do better than about 4-5" groups at 25 meters, I suspect either due to not getting a razor sharp sight picture or not being perfect with trigger control. Tried premium ammo also. WWB is not consistent but premium brands gave me better results.

I like the stock target sights on a Browning Hi-Power. Not useful as an all-purpose combat sight but they do get a crisp picture.

I also noticed that if I use a small target, say a 3" circle at 25m, it's easier to be more accurate versus a target that's 6" in size or larger. I tested at 20m and got about 2-3" groups.

I suspect the root of the problem is that the TruGlo front sight is too wide for precision work. I wonder if it's just like with AR15, where for real precision, you want a narrow front sight post versus the stock thick one.
Target sights for most accuracy?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels