My 34 vs 17 experience

dimanche 26 avril 2015

Have a gen 4 17 and 34. Shot the 34 for the first time today with TTI sights on it. TTI sights are awesome. Perfect balance of accuracy and speed with the sights. I put the yellow rod in. Doesn't work well indoors because it doesn't get any light. But I'm used to all black sights anyway so didn't make much difference.

Recoil is much softer on the 34. I was really surprised. The 17 is snappier, not that it's bad. But the 34 is like a .22. Was shooting Remington UMC 115g which is a soft load anyways but that's what I usually shoot.

The longer sight radius makes a nice difference as well and tight groups are easier with the 34. I can get the same groups with a 17 but you have to try harder. As far as tracking the sights, I don't know. I'm not good enough to tell much of a difference but the 34 slide cycles slower so I imagine it's easier.

I see a lot of people questioning whether they should get a 17 or 34. If it's for competition, like mine is, get the 34, it'll make a noticeable difference IMO. If it's for carry or something, I don't know. Toss up I guess.

The bigger question is gen 3 or 4? I got a gen 4 but probably should have gotten a gen 3 since I run the medium backstrap anyway, and will be changing to a steel guide rod so I can tune the recoil spring.
My 34 vs 17 experience

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels