Benchmade Lifesharp Service

lundi 27 avril 2015

I would be very surprised if any of you remember this, but I was at the SHOT Show in 2000 or 2001, the year that Benchamade launched their Axis-Lock folding knife lock system. I was so impressed wit the design, I bought two consecutively-number reproduction copies of their Ares Elishewitz 730S Axis-Lock folder.

I gave one to my then BIL and kept the other one. I have been carrying it pretty much continuously ever since and it showed. The knife had plenty of scuffs scrapes, bumps bruises and was all in all, getting to be pretty disreputable looking.

One of the grip panel panel screws fell out, so I contacted Benchmade to get another one. They suggested that I sent it in and let them give it a mini-makeover. Except for th cost of blades and grip panels, I think pretty much every thing else discovered, but you had better check with them for clarification.

So, for the cost of shipping the knife to them, they took it apart, did a light refinish on the grip panels & blade, resharpened it as no one but them can and reassembled it. They adjusted the action so that it opens now as it id did when I bought it.

The left the old belt clip on, in case I didn't want to screw up a new one, but they did include a new one, with screws.

This process took less that two weeks, from the day I dropped the knife in the mail. I have always loved my Benchmades and to say that I am satisfied with their customer support would be a massive understatement. These guys are great folks and they were a joy to deal with.




Attached Thumbnails
 - Click for larger version    - Click for larger version  
Benchmade Lifesharp Service

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels