Glory be! I got me good'un...as it turns out! FNP-357 range report.

dimanche 26 avril 2015

I am declaring my FNP-357 a "problem-child" no more! After lots of feeding issues in its earlier life, the pistol has been performing better and better of late!
Including yesterday's range trip, I have run 470 rounds thru it - representing 7 different loads - in the last three trips. Those include a mixture of FMJs, JHPs and frangible loads - Factory ammo and Re-manufactured ammo. I did have four failures-to-feed with Precision Cartridge Inc - 125g - FMJ (RL) but every other loading was 100%!
Yesterday, The first load I ran was Winchester - WinClean - 125g - BEB (brass enclosed base) Here is the first magazine-full (14rounds) at approximately 14 yards:


It's been nine months since I shot this gun so I thought that was a sweet grouping. This thing fits my hand so well... I like the sights and it shoots soo well - I'm glad I didn't give up on it in it's early stages!
The next box I ran was Trident Ammunition - 124g - JHP (RL) - This stuff was also pretty accurate and ran great (including in my P229 later).



Some of my other targets were steel at 17 yards:


(that 10oz coke in the background at about 20 yards didn't survive long) and a gong at 24 yards!




I also had bowling pins out at 45 yards, some self-sealing cubes in closer around 12 yards and of course the Ram out at 105 yards. The next box I ran was Triton - 135g - QSHP . Then, at the end of the day, I ran though a box of Federal - 100g - CC BallistiClean . As this is frangible, I got in relatively close to the steel and did some rapid firing! Too much fun!
1,040 rounds through the FNP now representing 18 different loads. (This is my third 357Sig chambered pistol to break the 1,000 round mark!)

Glory be! I got me good'un...as it turns out! FNP-357 range report.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels