old dogs and new tricks

jeudi 23 avril 2015

This all started several months ago when I decided that I wanted to install a 9MM conversion barrel in my g32. After receiving the barrel from KKM, I decided I’d go all out and install all the 9MM parts.
From Lone Wolf I ordered, the LCI extractor, the 336 ejector, and the correct spring bearing for the LCI.
As a primary care provider I don’t go shooting much anymore, but sure was looking forward to a little range time. On my first trip, middle of March all my planning resulted in a face full of brass!
Bought all the right parts and that was not supposed to happen! The cure is as numerous as there are posters! With the LCI installed the lower leading edge had a shiny spot on it. Posts stating that this was caused by the LCI extractor rubbing on the slide made sense. Polished mine with a flat stone and was once again-ready!
This helped, now brass was hitting the top of my hat! Better, but not right. O.K., installed the white spring bearing (g32) and not as many hits to my hat. The only part that I had not changed was the ejector, put the one in that goes with the 357 Sig and SHA-ZAM brass went back and to the LEFT. So much for wanting to do everything right!
As for the load 124 JHP over 4.6 greendot with a OAL of 1.110 these are clocking in at 1067 ADV. on my screens. Primers are flat, but not nail head. RSA is stock.
When I started this project common advice was install the barrel get some 19 “clips” and your set! SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! One thing for sure, no matter how hard you try you can’t change old people’s mind!
A few quick questions. Many have posted about installing the latest trigger housing part # 27304-has that been up graded to part# 27305? Will the latest trigger housing 27305 work in a third generation pistol? Or do I need to remove the newest ejector and install it in a Gen 3 housing.
I ask because, still in the back of my mind I want the 9MM parts to work with 9MM rounds! I hate losing.
old dogs and new tricks

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels