Where do you get your training/techniques and/or advice?

vendredi 8 mai 2015

As a professional protective security operator, I carry everyday, either concealed or open. And that doesn't change when I return home to the states, where I carry concealed. Now, I've had a ridiculous amount of weapons training, both in the Marines and in my current profession. I was looking around AZ where I live and found the majority of training/techniques come in the traditional "instructor and course" model. While getting some good one on one training and advisement is extremely beneficial, I feel like there needs to be programs out there with more follow up and continuing actions beyond just a 2-3 day or week long course. As we all know, your shooting skills are extremely perishable, especially pistol work. I stay up on my skill set because it's my profession. And unfortunately there are too many who buy a gun, fire off a few rounds, get a permit, stuff it in their jeans, and they're good (in their opinion). There's a wealth of knowledge and expertise out there, especially with all the infantry/special operations combat vets that receive even more training in my profession. Anyone resonate with this? What would you like to see more of or not getting enough of?
Where do you get your training/techniques and/or advice?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels