Honda Mower that wouldn't start

samedi 9 mai 2015

First, let me say I think I have a much better than average understanding of internal combustion engines in general.

Brand new, $450 and the only controls are a "safety bar" that stops the engine when you let go of it and a small lever to engage the drive wheels. There is no speed control and the choke is automatic.

My front and back yards are small this machine has no more than 15-20 hours on it maximum. During the winter it sat for a month or more. One pull always started it.

One day it wouldn't start. If I gave it a shot of starting fluid (ether, I think), just a short burst near the air cleaner intake, it started and ran perfectly. After warm-up it started and ran normally.

Took it in (warranty) and they said it needed a spark plug. They also sharpened the blade and charged me $25. I asked about the warranty and got some double talk. Also, they were unable to show me the old plug.

In the interest of brevity I won't recount my whole conversation but I did mention that I used my last lawnmower, a 2-stroke Lawnboy, for 22 years and never changed the plug.

I'd be most interested in any comments about this. I can't believe the sparker went bad in this short of a time.
Honda Mower that wouldn't start

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels