G42 initial range test

dimanche 22 mars 2015

So I picked up a G42 dated 1/27/15. I gave it a quick clean and lube and took it to the range for its inaugural test.



The 42 has all the modifications to date. I started with 50 rounds of American Eagle 95gr FMJ and 50 rounds of Fiocchi 95gr FMJ.



My first mag went fine. Then I experienced a failure to feed on the 2nd round in each of the next two mags with each of the ammo types. Another FTF occurred again within the next 2 mags. Once again it was the 2nd round that failed to chamber. That is when it dawned on me that it was probably caused by the way I was racking the slide. I do have a tendency to ride the slide back. So I consciously made an effort to use a more vigorous racking technique and the problem went away.



In total I went through 150 rounds of FMJ and 25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 90gr JHP FTX as this was the only stuff I could find. I had no further issues with the Glock once I solved the racking issue.



I will say this gun is a joy to shoot and I can shoot it very accurately. It is also able to fit in the pocket of my jeans and I'm not a tall guy. After shooting the G42, the G26 really felt like a brick!! :wow:



So I am very happy with this tiny lightweight and don't see a need for a G43 as the G42 will serve its purpose when the 26 becomes too big.



Lesson of the day - rack it like you mean it :supergrin:

G42 initial range test

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels