Best dies for a hand press

samedi 28 mars 2015

I'm trying to get back into reloading (gave away my progressive press when I moved into a trailer). It will have to be a Lee hand press, I have no room for a work bench. However, Lee's hand press now has the new breech lock system that's supposed to make it easy to change dies without losing adjustment.



I'm still trying to decide on which dies. The press takes standard 7/8 x 14. I'll be starting with 9mm, 45acp later on, maybe eventually 40s&w. No plans for rifles or anything exotic. I definitely want carbide dies. If the breech lock system works as advertised, it shouldn't really matter if it's a 3 or 4 die set.



Lee would be the cheapest. RCBS isn't too much more. Dillion dies are noticeably more expensive, but I'd get them if they're worth the money. I don't need the really high end competition dies.



What are the pros and cons of the different manufacturers? Would any of them be better or worse in a hand press?



Thanks.

Best dies for a hand press

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels