SIG Sauer P6, it's like an old friend but new

samedi 28 mars 2015

I bought six more mags for the P6. Damn, forgot how expensive these mags are. $40 was the cheapest and at least I've found them for sales. These P225 mags were the old Sauer zigzag spine mags, definitely no Mec-Gar but beggars can't be choosers. Also please note that the HK VP9 mag is also sporting the zigzag spine. Weird Germans...



I couldn't recall how many mags I had for my sweet baby P225; either 5 or 7, so I just had to make sure I got enough for the P6.



The most distinct difference is the DA pull with the P6 being much heavier, and I'm still getting used to it as you can see by a couple of shots pulled well to the left of the target.



Who knows, I might send it back to SIG America for a refurbishment service or something. Anyway, SA is pretty much the same for both P6 and P225.



I bought 3-boxes of the Perfecta ammo from Wally World for $11/box. Supposedly they're made by Fiocchi though the funky golden color of the brass and bullet jacket reminds me of the old NORINCO brass ammo way back in the early 1990s. Anyway, the ammo works just as advertised.



I did a quick Mozambique Drill check with the P6 and after that I just blasted two boxes for breaking in the new mags and getting a feel for the P6. Shot a box of Perfecta through the HK VP9 for function check as well - it worked!!!



I don't know what it is but me and the P225 (now P6 as well) and the P245 are like peanut butter and jello. Those guns shoot so sweet for me that I can't imagine shooting a gun combat style better.



The funny part is that I've learned to appreciate the old school, cheesy looking SIG grips. Back in the days, we were swapping them out for Pachmayrs and Hogues so that we can "shoot better". Nowadays I have to ask myself what the heck that was all about. Now, this gun is sexy and badass enough to warrant a pair of Nill Grips.












SIG Sauer P6, it's like an old friend but new

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels