Funny Story about travel, pooping and Lionel Richie...

vendredi 13 mars 2015

So, there I was....



Earlier this week I was slowly making my way to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. This trip involved a 4 hour layover in Brisbane, Australia.

After a 14 hour flight, I was eager to stretch my legs in Brisbane, have a coffee, and have a proper "morning constitutional" on a porcelain toilet that wasn't traveling at 500 MPH.



For whatever reason, the arrival of my flight in Brisbane loosely coincided with the arrival of flights from Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai. So the airport was flooded with Chinese-speaking Asians. So the stage is now set...



I'm settled into my "prime space", end-unit bathroom stall in the waaay out of the way men's room at the far end of the terminal. I figured this would give me my own personal space, with no feeling of pressure from waiting crowds. And boy, was I right.



Then, from the long tile-lined entrance tunnel into the mens' room I hear it: A very off-key Asian man singing (quite loudly) his loose interpretation of Lionel Richie's "Say You; Say Me."....sung entirely in Chinese....LOUDLY.



And just like clockwork, Rionel Ritchie settles into the stall right next to me....still singing loudly and proudly.



Then the straining started.:rofl:



While he wasn't able to prevent his straining from preventing his efforts from affecting his tone...the loud "PLOP" as his straining reached 'sweet release'...his singing became decidedly more relaxed and easier on the ear.



I was laughing so damn hard, I nearly lost my seating. For a brief moment, I thought I might be in an SNL skit.

Funny Story about travel, pooping and Lionel Richie...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels