Difference Between Self Defense and Target Sights ??

jeudi 12 mars 2015

I have a Glock 17 and 30 both Gen 4 with the stock OEM Glock plastic sights. I use both guns at my indoor range with paper targets, home defense and EDC.



I shoot OK at the range with both guns but would like to install different sights as I think it might improve my shooting accuracy. A little over a year ago I installed Ameriglo Pro I Dots on the Glock 17 and I feel I shot worse at the range with these than with the Glock plastic sights. A couple of months ago I sold the Pro I Dots and re-installed the Glock plastic sights so I could do additional research.



I have learned through the various forums that there are different sights for target shooting and combat/self defense. I wish I had known that before I bought the Pro I Dots.



I have convinced myself that I want a solid black steel rear sight with no night sight lamps and no white line like the Glock plastic sight as I don't want anything to distract my eyes from focusing on the front sight. The Pro I Dots had a Trijcon front sight that glowed nicely at night but it wasn't very bright at my well lighted indoor range. I would really like the front sight to have a simple bright white dot.



I was looking at the XS Big Dot sights but several forums and Amazon user reviews said these are perfect for combat/self defense at shorter distances but they were bad for target shooting.



I really like the Vicker's Elite Battle Sight which has excellent reviews - I don't know if it considered to be a target or combat sight. It has a rounded rear sight opening and a narrow .125" front sight but the front sight isn't available in a simple white dot.



I have also looked at Dawson sights as they are highly regarded. All of the sights I am looking at on the web have either Tritium or FO in the front sight and not a simple white dot.



I would appreciate your comments and thoughts on sights for my Glock 17 and 30 that are designed for use both for range target shooting and combat/self defense - hopefully I can reach a happy medium. How do you tell if a sight set is designed for target shooting or combat/self defense usage?



Thanks very much.



Bill

Difference Between Self Defense and Target Sights ??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels