G30 gen 4 or G30S for carry gun

lundi 23 mars 2015

So as I plan to win a Glock this weekend off the prize table at the Florida state match.



But, OK, even if I don't I am probably going to add a .45 Glock to the armory that now contains all 9mm.



Ideally I'd like to carry a .45 rather than a nine (NOT starting that debate) and the G30 platform let's me do that in a form factor that is actually a touch smaller than the G19 I have carried for 20 years, while only sacrificing two rounds.



So my question comes down to G30 gen 4 or the G30S



The Gen 4 brings the backstrap system, ambi-capable mag release and an extra magazine. The backstrap system might be a big deal to me, depending on fit of the grip. As for the safety, I honestly do not think after 45 years of shooting lefty with conventional mag releases that I would even swap the sides. Just too used to manipulating the way I already do. The extra mag is not a factor.



The 30S brings a meaningfully slimmer slide and a ~3.5 oz loaded weight advantage.



Given that the goal here is to transition into this being a carry gun -- and I carry essentially always -- 3.5 oz and the slimmer slide seems to me to be the winning advantage over the Gen. 4.



Thoughts of anyone who has carried/shot both on whether those "paper" differences pan out in the way I think they would?

G30 gen 4 or G30S for carry gun

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels