Newbie from West Virginia

mardi 24 mars 2015

Hi everybody, my name is Norm.



My first handgun, some 20+ years ago was a Glock 21. Glock because I had done the research and nothing beat a Glock for reliability and function. 21 because I had been raised by former military father and grandfathers who when they spoke about pistols just assumed they were in .45 ACP. Anyway, I shot that 21 for several years until I met my wife to be Becky and I traded it away for a Sig because Becky couldn't comfortably hold the double stack handle of the 21.



Last year when we decided to get our carry permits I wound up with a M&P Shield in 9mm and she with a M&P 9c. I should have just gotten a G19 and been done with it, but I wanted an easy to conceal gun for my first EDC so went with the Shield.



Meanwhile I fell in love with an H&K VP9 and have carried it since October. Only problem is I'm afraid to risk damaging the mags because they're impossible to find without buying another gun so I decided what I really needed was a gun I could buy mags for anywhere so naturally it was Glock 19 all the way. Becky had also opted for a G42 as a backup gun a few weeks ago.



Fired it for the first time Saturday and it was perfect. Easy to use, performed flawlessly, you guys know the drill. But what surprised me was that my wife shot it about ten times better than she ever shot her 9c.



So sure enough back to the house for the box where we wiped the 9c down and off to our LGS where Becky decided a Gen 4 G19 was her new carry gun.



And because it was a Glock she felt no compunction about taking her brand new, never fired 19 to our first IDPA match on Sunday where it performed perfectly.



So in about 3 weeks time we went from a predominately M&P with a token HK household to a predominately Glock household. The token HK is going nowhere, I love that thing, but everybody needs a G19.



So I'm looking forward to learning more about Glocks and the people who use them. I've heard good things about this forum. Thanks for the impending welcome.

Newbie from West Virginia

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels