Updated G42 range report…

samedi 21 février 2015

I took my recently purchased G42 to the range again today. Total rounds fired through G42 to date = 168 rounds of the following brands/types, and results are as follows:



1st range trip:

50 rounds of Blazer FMJ = no malfunctions.

20 rounds of Winchester PDX1 HP= slide locked open prematurely 4 times in twenty rounds.

20 rounds of Federal Hydra Shok = no malfunctions



2nd range trip:

20 rounds of Federal Hydra Shok = slide locked open prematurely on the 7th and again on the 8th round. I proceeded to fire the remaining 12 rounds of Hydra Shok without any issue.

50rds of PMC Bronze FMJ = no malfunctions



My estimation of the G42 at this point is…



1) It’s a nice little pocket gun (carried it in my Mika pocket holster). The pistol with a spare mag reload are small and light, and I would have no problem pocket carrying them.



2) The gun seems to have no problems feeding, extracting, and ejecting rounds of various manufacture and types.



3) My gun is of recent manufacture, and has all of the upgraded parts. Obviously there is an issue with the slide randomly locking back prematurely with the hollowpoint ammo that I’ve tried in it so far. The gun has very little felt recoil, and I am left-handed, so I don’t think my hand is hitting the slide lock during firing. I tend to think Glock will get the premature locking slide issues worked out, but for now I’m going to continue test firing the gun, instead of sending it back, because I don’t think Glock has this “issue” figured out yet. I do like the pistol enough to keep it though, which says a lot for how I feel about the gun, because typically I will not keep a semi-auto that isn’t “100%”



4) I think it has a lot of potential if Glock can get this issue remedied. The gun seems durable, and reliable in terms of feeding and extracting ammo. It is a pleasure to shoot, and easy to keep on target. It is small and light for those looking for ease of carry. If Glock gets the slide locking issue fixed, the G42 has the potential to be a great little pocket gun.



5) I look forward to watching these forums to see how others deal with these issues, and what Glock does to remedy the situation, and for the record, I’m a fan of the G42 (at least for now:embarassed:)

Updated G42 range report…

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels