Long Range Rifle Scopes... 1/8, 1/4, or MILS?

mardi 24 février 2015

One thing I could use some clarification on. I had been led to believe 1/8 clicks were bad on long distance scopes. Not exactly sure why, aside from clicking 4,234 up and 1,234 right. Hah. Is it about total elevation in MOA?



I see lots of long distance scopes are in fact 1/8 click. Is that for folks shooting 1,000 benchrest only, a known and unchanging target distance?



Whatever the reason, I thought a good long distance target scope needed mil or 1/4 MOA, even heard a few examples of 1/2 MOA Leupold scopes.



I'm going to be shooting my 50 BMG primarily at 1000 yards, a known distance, 18" targets most likely. But I'm also in market for a long distance scope for a 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor that I will use in PRS events, Designated Marksman, and practical long range (prone/bipod) events. These competitions will have me engaging targets of unknown distances from 200-1000 yards.



So am I actually looking for two subsets of long range target scopes? Some with 1/8 clicks, and another with mil or 1/4 clicks?



What am I failing to grasp here? It's the reason I just yanked the Burris Black Diamond 8-32 (1/8 click) off my Armalite 50 BMG in the first place. Seems like the more I learn, the dumber I get.



Someone please break the cycle:supergrin:







Dan

Long Range Rifle Scopes... 1/8, 1/4, or MILS?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels