sizing die question..confused

samedi 21 février 2015

I'm getting confused by contradicting info I've read about 9mm sizing issues. I've yet to order my dies for the 9mm as I'm still researching the matter. FWIW, I am not a rookie reloader, just new to the 9mm scene.



I've just installed a LWD barrel and comp on my G17. I have it running great with factory ammo (for now). I read multiple complaints about the LWD barrel having a tight chamber, so much so that even LWD offers a service to open it up a bit. The issue always seem to be with reloads.



The common answer to the issue is a Lee FCD....or....the Lee "U" die, which is "undersized". Here's where I'm confused:



The "U" die reports always refer to the crimp being tighter, especially on thin walled brass. I see nothing about the BASE of the case being any smaller than normal. This is the area I'm concerned about. All LWD barrel owners who reported an issue said that the case would drop into the barrel only so far, not all the way. The issue has been at the BASE of the case, not the neck.



Then there's the FCD. Again, the "C" stands for CRIMP, not a smaller BASE dimension.



I guess what I'm asking is if either of these two dies will resize the case all the way down, eliminating the "glock" bulge?



I figure on ordering the 4 die set, which includes the FCD, and only using the #3 die as a seater. Will this FCD size the all the way down, or do I need the "U" die as well?



Any explanation of the difference between the "U" die and the FCD is greatly appreciated.

sizing die question..confused

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels