TOPO Map APP and a GPS Tracking App for IPHONE...Recommend Some Please...

mardi 14 avril 2015

Hey all,



I have been told that getting into the woods down here in Sam Houston National Forest can be a scary experience. It gets really THICK...really QUICK and if you don't know what you are doing or where you are going and can find your way back, you could very well be sleeping out in the brush with whatever gear you have with you. Now I don't want to ever do that.

In fact I had a guy that has lived and hunted here his whole life and he told me that in Sam Houston you can very easily lose your bearings and spend hours trying to find your way back to your car. He said that once you get out in the bush, it gets hairy and thinks all look the same and it's a chore finding your way out.



So, before I start chasing hogs I want to make sure I am equipped with the right apps that will enable me to always find my way back to camp or my car no matter where I go and whether or not I have a cell signal. So I need to get some recommendations on what apps would be the best to have on my phone just for this purpose. What have you all found work really well in this area?





Number 2, I'd also like to get an APP that I can use and navigate by TOPO maps. I'd like to download the maps I would need before going out in the woods and then be able to bring them up when I need to navigate. I'd want to be able to mark places on the maps like where camp is or my favorite hunting spot is and be able to navigate to it. All of this while not requiring a cell signal. I'd also like to be able to find a feature on a map, like a lake I want to hunt around, select that lake and tell it to get me there.

What app would you recommend for this set of functions?





Maybe there is an app that has all of these functions contained in one great app that is easy to use and has a short learning curve and doesn't need a cell signal.



What can you tell me about that you have used and can recommend?



Thanks all.



Nalajr

TOPO Map APP and a GPS Tracking App for IPHONE...Recommend Some Please...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels