Pies...

samedi 11 avril 2015

This couldn't possibly turn into a shouting match. And I can't remember if I've started a pie thread and I don't feel like searching, so we'll reboot it if already done or create a new one if not.



/smiles demurely/



I like to bake pies. What kind of pies do you like?



(cheesecake included although not technically a pie. I'll allow it. And if you note "cheesecake", you have to distinguish between New York cheesecake or graham cracker crust style)



I'm partial to a good apple pie, preferably with a double crust. Lattice tops tend to fall apart. Dutch apple is good too but the streusel has to be *just so* or it turns soggy. I usually use Granny Smith apples because they hold up to baking and provide a foil of tartness to all the sugar in a pie.



And handmade crusts FTW, never store bought garbage.



Lemon meringue is quite tasty but a PITA, although not as much of a PITA as the cream pies, those take forever. Back and forth, back and forth, over a hot stove.



Haven't gotten around to making a cherry pie yet. Everyone seems to like blueberry pies. I tried a strawberry pie once, with a graham cracker crust, that was a total fail.



I've been eyeballing sugar based pies, like brown sugar pies and such. No one here but me eats coconut anything so I can't make coconut cream, which gives me an enormous case of the sads. Actually I can't really make any pies now that The Mister has been diagnosed with diabeetus, which also gives me the sads (don't you dare say Splenda or Truvia. No.)

Pies...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels