First New Glock Day in a while, and I wanted to share it!

lundi 13 avril 2015

Hey Guys!



It has been a very long time since I posted here. I wanted to share something new that happened. My main sidearm for protection (home, carry, camping, etc.) has been a Glock 30. Great gun. But my wife has had some trouble with recoil so we looked into a 9mm a while ago. My only request was we buy something of quality and that she be able to handle it comfortably. We bought a Springfield XD Tactical in 9mm years ago, and while she liked to shoot it and it was comfortable, she always had trouble with the slide, magazines, etc. So recently we went to the range and rented a Glock 17 Gen 4. She hated it, but admitted that the slide and magazines were easier to work than our XD.



So, the folks there were good enough to let me swap to a Gen 3 G17. That she felt was just as comfortable to shoot as the XD, but didn't care for the feel of the grip. She had not shot my 30 in a while and since she had, I had added a Hogue Grip (the back strap squares always dig into my palm). Now she actually LIKED shooting the 30 and felt it was the most comfortable to handle of the four guns. Ah-ha! So I asked what if we swapped the XD out for the 17 and added a Hogue grip. She liked that idea.



We went home and she started having second thoughts. She liked our XD and wasn't sure. I pulled out the XD and my 30. EVERYTHING about the 30 was easier, but she had trouble with the slide release, the slide catch, and while she could drop the magazine, still wished it was simpler. "Well," I said, "They make extended parts for all of those things and they are not expensive nor hard to find. Why not move to the Glock 17 and add those to allow you full functioning? I mean, we can't do that to the XD and you can't really USE the XD unless I load it for you." Sold! We swapped the XD for a G17, I upgraded the slide catch, slide release, magazine release, guide rod (went stainless steel), added a Hogue grip, and some Meprolight night sights. She can now load it, work the slide with ease, drop the mag easily, and even field strip it no problem. Perfect. Not a weird word to associate with Glock, am I right? So without further ado, behold our new Glock 17 Gen 3!















A look at the Meprolight Night Sights!



Field-stripped


First New Glock Day in a while, and I wanted to share it!

1 commentaires:

UNKNOWN a dit…

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. Glocks for sale

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels